Our Thesis: the convergence of demand, supply and financing for rural development
We have gathered a professionally and culturally diverse team to fulfill our vision of building sustainable businesses to address development goals
Over 75 collective years of finance experience including 25 years investing in and developing rural African communities
- CIO and Partner at ThirdWay Partners
- Over 40 years of global asset management and investment banking experience
- Led one of the largest agribusiness operators in Africa outside South Africa
- Founded a London-based multi-billion Dollar Family Office
- Over 10 years of private-sector impact experience in sub-Saharan Africa, with a focus on the agribusiness sector.
- Master’s in International Affairs from Sciences Po Paris and B.A. in International Affairs from The George Washington University (magna cum laude).
- Native English and Spanish speaker, fluent in Portuguese and French
Farm General Manager
- More than 30 years of experience managing agricultural projects in Africa, including countries such as Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Malawi, Zambia, and South Africa.
- Part of the famed “10 ton club” of Zimbabwean maize farmers
Finance and Admin
- Over 15 years of finance and accounting experience in Mozambique-based multinationals.
- Previously finance director at Global Edge, and on the finance teams at Schlumberger and CdM.
- Bachelor’s in Economics from Universidade Politecnica and Master’s candidate in International Accounting and Finance at the University of Liverpool.
Partner & CEO of ThirdWay Partners
- Board Observer of ThirdWay Africa Rural Development Corporation
- Over 15 years experience in corporate finance, capital markets and consulting
- Former Executive Director at JP Morgan in London, Engagement Manager at McKinsey & Co, and Analyst at Goldman Sachs
Partner & Chairman of ThirdWay Partners
- Board Observer ofThirdWay AfricaRural DevelopmentCorporation
- 30 years of experience in the global financial markets
- Chairman of Machangulo S.A., a residential & tourism development in Southern Mozambique
- Founder, President and CEO of The ConfidasGroup, a multi family office based in New York
Associate Director, ThirdWay Partners
- Background in corporate finance advisory, in particular debt restructuring, capital raising and M&A processes
- M.A. in Economics from the University of St. Andrews, Scotland
- Native English and Portuguese speaker
Legal Counsel, ThirdWay Partners
- Over 10 years of experience in Corporate Law, Corporate Litigation, Corporate Finance and Foreign Investments
- Member of the Mozambican Bar and the Massachusetts State Bar Association as a foreign trained counsel
- L.L.M from Harvard Law School, L.L.M from University of Oregon and L.L.B from Eduardo Mondlane University.
- Native Portuguese speaker. Fluent in English and Spanish